75% of business-to-business, B2B, buyers use social media to make a purchase decision. That is why it is crucial for businesses to have more than a social media presence. B2B sales are the outcome of well-organized social media strategies.
In this guide, we’ll touch on four ways to lead your consumer down a B2B sales funnel. Want to improve your social media to drive B2B sales? Keep reading.
1. Humanize Your Social Media to Drive B2B Sales
Most B2B companies were not early adopters of social media. They’ve lagged behind, and when they do share content, it is robotic. Humanize your content.
This can be done in a variety of ways:
- Write articles, captions and blog posts in the first person
- Choose an employee or team to be “the face” of your social media
- Share unique aspects of your brand missions, such as a commitment to sustainability
Your customers want to get to know YOU. It doesn’t matter that you’re selling to a business. At the end of the day, it is a person on the other end and they want to communicate with real people, just like in B2C.
2. Find a Social Media Expert
B2B marketing is tricky since a lot of times the products are not as glamorous as B2C. A social media expert will be able to create the copy and imagery which will make your products or services appear glamorous to consumers.
It’s about gaining traction through awareness before leads. This is done by harnessing the power of social media storytelling.
3. Choose the Right Social Media Strategies
The first strategy to think about is where you are and where your customers are. Linkedin has proven for years to be the best social media platform for B2B. Why?
Linkedin brands itself as a professional social media network. It is where business people go to make connections. Ensure that your presence on Linkedin is solid.
You can grow your social media strategies outside of LinkedIn too. Focus on where your customer hangs out the most. 93% of B2B companies credit Linkedin as their most effective social media tool.
4. SMART Goals
A common mistake in B2B marketing is a lack of strategy. Creating SMART goals is an easy way to develop a strategy:
- Specific: List your strategy, outreach, and content calendar here.
- Measurable: Goals must be measured so you can assess progress and drop anything ineffective
- Attainable: Set small goals that create incremental progress. Setting unattainable goals will only set you up for disappointment
- Relevant: Remember your B2B sales funnel and create goals that will lead to conversions.
- Time: Add deadlines and schedules to keep you disciplined in accomplishing your goals.
SMART goals are a tool used in many industries to measure and improve social media strategy.
Boost Your B2B Social Media
Follow the four steps above to use social media to drive B2B sales. We recommend hiring an expert to develop your social media strategies. This will save you time, but also ensure you maximize your return on investment.
Looking for help with your B2B social media? Contact us to get help.